This popular aphorism is a reminder to make the best of whatever situation we find ourselves. It is especially applies to the tough experiences which come our way, unwelcome and uninvited. Here are 7 ways to bloom where you are planted:
1. Learn to shine you light when a great darkness has come upon you.
2. Chose hope over despair, optimism over pessimism.
3. Don't complain. It extinguishes whatever joys struggle to emerge.
4. Change. If your circumstance can't be changed, then change your attitude.
5. Help others. Take the focus off yourself, your problem and help another person.
6. Identify positives. Perhaps you're learning resilience; perhaps you're discovering who your real friends are; perhaps you're tapping into strengths you were not aware of.
7. Be patient. Flowers don't bloom over night.