1. Nutrition - food and water to keep the body healthy and strong.
2. Clothing – to protect from the elements and from insects.
3. Shelter - for safety and protection from weather conditions.
4. Medicine – to help the body overcome disease.
These are basic and necessary. However, this list of four then raise these important questions:
1. How much food do you really need?
2. How much clothing do you really need?
3. How much shelter do you really need?
4. How much medicine do you really need?
So much of what we "need" is driven by advertising and resulting consumerism. The results aren't healthy -
2. Closets bulging with clothes & shoes seldom worn.
3. Huge houses often referred to as “McMansions”.
5. Health care costs soaring.
Can you incorporate these concepts, words and phrases into your life: cutting back, scaling down, reducing, donating, trimming, winding back, phase out, shrink.