Always scrutinize your own shortcomings.
Be your own teacher; keep a strict check on yourself.
That is sufficient! - Tulku Urgyen
People often make get a regular physical examination from a health care provider. Buddhism asks us to something similar but instead of a physical, we're challenged to do a personal self examination. Here are the types of questions to ask yourself in order to to a proper self examination:
- How am I using my time?
- Who are my spiritual friends?
- Where do I place my energies?
- Who can help me develop more wisdom?
- Have I made meditation a regular part of my life?
- How can I deepen compassion and lovingkindness?
- What are the best ways to use my experience and talents?
- Which individuals inspire me to be a better version of myself?