2. It's a powerful workout. If you don't believe that, try any yoga class using the words "power" or "strength". Those sessions will leave you sweating.
3. It's good for weight management. Whether you want to lose some pounds or maintain a healthy body weight, yoga can do it for you.
4. It's great cross training. If you like to job, bike, swim, hike then bring yoga into the mix. It will strengthen muscles you're not utilizing in your regular workout.
5. It's a natural pain reliever. Neck pain, knee pain, back pain, hip pain.... Wherever you hurt and ache, yoga provides a natural relief. Yoga even helps with chronic pain, according to Harvard Medical School. It
6. It relieves headaches, especially migraines. Studies report that yoga helped reduce the frequency and intensity of migraines in sufferers.
7. It strengthens and stretches. That leads to a healthy, balanced body. If your workout consists of just one activity, then it's likely you're getting tighter and tighter, more rigid in body and mind.
8. It will bring new, good people into your life. Yoga is like a magnet attracting the nicest, kindest, most compassionate people on the planet to the practice. A yoga class is a great way to meet great people.
9. It will make you stronger .... in body, mind, and spirit. Your confidence will grow allowing you to better deal with life's challenges.
10. It leads to a happier state of mind. There is a 'mystical' aspect of yoga which generates joy, happiness, peace. Science talks about endorphins but it's more than that.
Please come to my yoga classes:
Saturday 9 am - 10:15 am
Monday 7 pm - 8:15 pm.