1. Be on time. Once in a while we all run late but tardiness to a yoga class should never be a habit.
2. Understand what kind of class you’re signing up for. Don’t get upset because you’re a hard workout junkie and the class was gentle flow. Or, you're wanting a gentle stretch class but ended up in a power yoga session. Know ahead of time what your signing up for.
3. Dress comfortably for movement. This doesn’t need to be expensive. Just be sure your clothing isn’t restrictive, uncomfortable.
4. Take off your shoes and socks. Yoga is done barefoot because it’s good for the feet and better for the body.
5. Don’t wear perfumes, colognes. Many people have allergic reactions.
6. Let the teacher know if you have an injury are pregnant or other concern.
7. Put your phone on silent and don’t bring it to the mat. You shouldn’t answer or check a phone in yoga class. Also, if it’s on the floor someone may accidentally step on it injuring themselves or damaging your phone.
8. Use only spill proof drink containers. No matter how careful you plan to be, cups and containers are knocked over all the time in a yoga class. Starbucks coffee to go cups leave horrid stains on yoga floor surfaces.
9. If you’re using a studio mat, clean it after the class. Most yoga studios have cleaner and paper towels for this purpose.
10. Stay for savasana. This is very important as the “down” times gives your body and mind time to absorb everything which has been required of them during the class. If you absolutely must leave at savasana time, it should be an exception and you should mention this to the instructor ahead of time.