1. Clothing - should be clean, minimum, loose and light.
2. Food - At least four and a half hours should elapse between a heavy meal and Yoga.
3. Only do yoga when you're calm. If you are upset physically or mentally, try to come to normal state by sitting quietly or going into Savasana before you start the practice.
4. Breathe normally through the nose while doing asanas.
5. Minimize your efforts to attain a pose.
6. Avoid competitive strain. Strain of any kind should be avoided.
7. Perform all the practices slowly and smoothly. Any kind of violent action should be avoided.
8. Focus on you breath only. Count the breath or feel the touch of the breath at the walls of the nose and / or be aware of the inward and outward flow of the air.
9. Do not practice to the point of fatigue.
10. Adopt Yoga practices as a way of life and gain happiness in life by becoming more steady, healthy and flexible.