(public domain image from www.pixabay.com)
Indra Devi, the woman who brought yoga to the Western Hemisphere and who lived a healthy life until she died in her 102 year, often advised sleeping in the nude. It was something she learned in India and practiced all her life.
Interestingly, an increasing amount of research verifies the health benefits of sleeping without clothing on. Consider these:
- You will fall asleep faster and sleep better. The ideal sleep temperature is between 60 and 67 degrees. Without pajamas your bed temperature will automatically be lower.
- It is leads to better genital health for both women and men. Too many people are in their underwear nearly 24 hours a day limited exposure to fresh air for that part of the body.
- Sleeping nude feels better. No constrictive bra, underwear, pants, shirt to twist around each time you change body positions.
- You skin will benefit. The largest organ of the body is your skin and all of it needs exposure to air. Athlete's foot, for example, is the result of skin devoid of air exposure.
- Cortisol levels drop. It's the hormone which produces stress in the body. Sleeping nude, lowers body temperature which, in turn, lowers cortisol levels.
- Reproductive organs maintain higher health. For men, the cooler sleeping conditions allows your testes to remain at a cooler temperature. This helps keep sperm count high and healthy. For women, the cooler and more airy sleeping conditions helps prevent yeast infections. Yeast grows better in warm, moist conditions.
- It's good for weight loss and weight management. As your body cools, it has to work harder to generate heat. This burns calories while you're sleeping.
(feel free to re-post and / or link to your social media)