Here are some words of wisdom from Ms. Carter who turned 92 August 18th:
- Do what you can to show you care about other people, and you will make our world a better place.
- Times of upheaval require not just more leadership but more leaders. People at all organizational levels, whether anointed or self-appointed, must be empowered to share leadership responsibilities.
- If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can't accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.
- I had already learned from more than a decade of political life that I was going to be criticized no matter what I did, so I might as well be criticized for something I wanted to do.
- If we have not achieved our early dreams, we must either find new ones or see what we can salvage from the old. If we have accomplished what we set out to do in our youth, we need not weep like Alexander the Great that we have no more worlds to conquer.
- If you don't accept failure as a possibility, you don't set high goals, you don't branch out, you don't try - you don't take the risk.