- A declining share of Canadians identify as Christians, while an increasing share say they have no religion.
- Most Canadians say religion’s influence in public life is waning in their country.
- Canada has low levels of government restrictions on religion.
- Relatively few Canadians engage frequently in traditional religious practices, such as daily prayer or weekly worship.
- Two-thirds of Canadians (67%) say it is not necessary to believe in God in order to be moral and have good values.
Christianity has long been on the decline all over Europe. There major cathedrals are largely tourist sites rather than places of worship. Now, Canada is experiencing a similar trend with more and more citizens becoming less and less affiliated with Christianity. Here are five facts about religion in Canada, based on Pew Research Center data:
Comments are closed.
Victor M. Parachin ...is a
Vedic educator, yoga instructor, Buddhist meditation teacher and author of a dozen books. Buy his books at amazon or your local bookstore.