- Hinduism is the best option for any society because it is inclusive and divisive, whereas Christianity and Islam divide humanity into those who supposedly have the 'true faith' and those who are wrong and will pay for it eternally in hell.
- Christianity and Islam are exclusive and therefore harmful
- Hinduism was never based on unreasonable dogmas and has never needed blasphemy laws to keep its followers in check.
- Hinduism is helpful to society as it imparts profound wisdom and gives guidelines for an ideal life that acknowledges the invisible, conscious Essence in this visible universe.
- Hinduism allows freedom of thought. As a result, many parallel streams, with different ways to connect to this essence, have emerged over time ad have coexisted harmoniously.
- Hinduism can help humanity get over the madness that the Supreme Being loves only those human beings who believe in a certain book and condemns all others to eternal hellfire.
- Being Hindu does not require blind belief.
- Being Hindu means having the welfare of all at heart, including animals and nature, because each part is intimately connected with the Whole.
- Being Hindu means diving into oneself, trying to connect with one's Essence. It means trusting one's own Self, Atmam
Julia Roberts (actor), Liz Gillbert, (author), Ricky Williams (NFL payer), J. D. Salinger (author), are just a few modern people in the West who have adopted Hinduism as their religion of choice. For most people, religious affiliation is a by-product of geographical birth. Another woman, Maria Wirth, a German woman and author, has lived in India for the last 33 years and is proud to be a Hindu, has outlined reasons why Hinduism makes sense for her and ought to for others. Here's what she wrote in a recent issue of Hinduism Today magazine:
Victor M. Parachin ...is a
Vedic educator, yoga instructor, Buddhist meditation teacher and author of a dozen books. Buy his books at amazon or your local bookstore.