- Vedic meditation is all about going with the flow of your thoughts, noticing those thoughts, and then gently bringing your attention back to your breathing in a non-judgmental way;
- Vedic meditation is the simple act of sitting comfortably, closing your eyes, and noticing your breathing while also observing those times when you get lost in your thoughts, while remembering to bring your awareness back to your breathing again;
- Ten minutes of Vedic meditation is an excellent start and is be done daily;
- When she first began, Markle found Vedic meditation to be "endlessly daunting at first (the thoughts, the distractions, the boredom of it), but soon [it] became the quietude that rocked my world.”
- There's no downside to a regular meditation practice.
For several years, Meghan Markle (Prince Harry's partner) has practiced meditation - Vedic meditation to be specific. Her yoga teacher mother introduced her to this way of meditating. Vedic meditation differs from Buddhist meditation in that it's more flexible, allowing a variety of ways and style to meditate. Here are some things Markle has said about her Vedic meditation practice:
Victor M. Parachin ...is a
Vedic educator, yoga instructor, Buddhist meditation teacher and author of a dozen books. Buy his books at amazon or your local bookstore.