- 4 am Wake up
- 4.10 - 5 am Sutra chanting
- 5- 7 am Zazen and interview with abbot
- 7 am Breakfast of rice gruel, salted plum, and pickles.
- 8 - 10.50 am Cleaning and work duties
- 11 am Lunch, typically barley rice, miso soup, cooked vegetable, and pickled radish
- 1 - 3.50 pm Work duty
- 4 pm Light meal similar to lunch
- 5 - 8.30 pm Zazen and interview with abbot
- 9 pm Lights out
- 9 - 11 pm Night sitting.
Victor M. Parachin ...is a
Vedic educator, yoga instructor, Buddhist meditation teacher and author of a dozen books. Buy his books at amazon or your local bookstore.