- relaxes and stretches muscles of the hip, groin, and lower back area;
- opens the hips;
- releases the sacrum;
- massages the stomach and digestive system;
- stimulates the kidneys;
- triggers the 2nd chakra (sacral) which improves the sense of well begin and positivity;
- awakens the inner child and our 'happy' place
- generates joy.
How to do it. (Keep in mind that it's usually much easier for a flexible baby than it is for us adults whose bodies have tightened up with time.)
1. Lie down on your back;
2. Support your head (if you like) with a pillow or folded blanket;
3. Bend your knees and bring them up towards the stomach;
4. Have the soles of your feet face up toward the ceiling;
5. Spread the legs at least hip distance apart;
6. Reach up and to hold the inside or outside edges of your feet.
7. If you can't quite reach the feet, hold a belt or yoga strap around both feet.