* The company you keep. Some individuals are energy “vampires”. They literally suck the life out of you.
* Poor breathing. The most relaxed and motivating breathing is when we take long inhales and exhales. Rapid, shallow breathing is draining.
* Unhealthy diet. Too much restaurant food; too much processed food,; too few fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
* Lack of exercise. Inactivity and being glued to a screen of some kind isn’t good for body, mind or spirit.
* Wrong lifestyle. Being a ‘party animal’, consuming copious amounts of alcohol, and other forms of self indulgence deplete vitality.
* Stress and anxiety. A mind infected with worries can’t relax. Set some time aside for meditation to clear the mind and calm the spirit.
* Employment. So many workplaces are toxic for a variety of reasons. While you may not be able to quit you job immediately, it’s worth making an assessment with a view to soon changing it.
* Your family. We have no choice about our family of origin but when a family is highly dysfunctional and draining you, it’s time to choose to create a new “family” made up of people who lift you up, inspire and motivate you.
Take an inventory of your life to establish why your energies are low. Then take corrective actions.