Here are ten reasons why Buddhism challenges us to embrace criticism even if it is painful:
- Criticism is to be regarded as an emanation or wisdom energy wisdom from a spiritual teacher.
- Humbly accepting criticism avoids generating negative karma by becoming angry and resentful.
- Criticism opens the door for us to learn something unknown about ourselves.
- Criticism often contains some truth from which we can benefit.
- Criticism gives us the opportunity to take corrective action.
- Embracing criticism calmly is an excellent way to purify the mind.
- Receiving criticism with composure strengthens positive emotions.
- Criticism reduces pride and arrogance.
- Being open to criticism develops our ability to listen without emotional interference.
- Gently absorbing criticism enhances our ability to be detached witnesses of life.
And, here's a bonus reason: embracing criticism in the present moment may prevent a much larger issue in the future.