I've spoken with a number of friends who, from time to time. share a feeling that they don't feel loved much. If you're basically a decent person - good hearted, kind, sensitive, open, etc. - the chances are very good you have many people in your life who love you . . . but many of those people can't get their lips to say "I love you." They have love in their heart but for various reasons they can't speak it. That's possibly because they are reserved or grew up in a family which was not emotionally expressive or because they're afraid of being misunderstood. Here are the qualities of the many people in your life who do love you -
- They show up . . . for important events in your life: birthday, wedding, graduation, baptism of a child, death of a parent.
- They respond promptly to your texts and emails. If there's a delay they explain themselves.
- They don't judge you when you get "weird", depressed, sad, or have a meltdown. They know you're human and that whatever is going on will pass. So they give you a pass.
- They smile when they see and/or greet you with enthusiasm in their voice.
- They touch you. There's a hug, an embrace, or a gentle touch on your body when you're together.
- They support you on your path no matter how many twists and turns it takes. They're there with encouragement and friendship.
(please feel free to re-post and/or share on your social media)