It is a sign of a superior person:
1. to be less envious and conceited,
2. to have less craving and be content with just the basics of living,
3. not to be pompous, haughty, or arrogant,
4. to be without hypocrisy or double-dealing,
5. to examine precisely and conscientiously any course of action and then carry it out with mindfulness,
6. to be on guard concerning the karmic consequences of actions, as one would protect one’s own eyes,
7. to be free from duplicity in keeping vows and commitments,
8. not to be prejudiced or false-hearted towards sentient beings,
9. to be forgiving and non-aggressive toward those who do evil,
10. to offer all victories to others and accept all defeats for oneself, and
11. to differ from worldly-minded people in all thoughts and deeds.
These are the eleven signs of a superior person.
Their opposites are the signs of an inferior person.
(Challenge yourself by asking: How do I measure up?)