Thus, mantras can generally be divided into two categories: 1) those to develop spiritual an inner progress; 2) those to bring more favorable outer and material needs. A partial list of mantra uses could include:
- raise consciousness
- self-preparation for advancing toward higher states of being
- help transition from mere material concerns to spiritual evolution
- tap into positive, universal energies to overcome troubles and trials
- assist in healing mind, body, emotions and spirit
- remove negativity.
- unite the lower self with the Higher Self.